Wednesday, August 29, 2007

News From Switzerland


Well here it is, as I promised. remember Josh can get emails: jz4josh@yahoo.com. You can see he enjoys hearing from friends and family(even those of us with not so good taste!lol)
this is not the lake he is on but is in Switzerland(ithink)


Hello everyone.

Thanks for the many e-mails. Sounds like all of you are doing well and that is always good. Here is the latest on me.So, I am in a smaller city that is part of Lausanne, called Renens (it is on the map at home with my mission stuff). It is just on the lake, but unfortunately there is quite a bit of smog polution so you can't see the mountains very well. The apartment is a studio! Talk about tight quarters! I'll get used to it. It is the smallest apartment in the mission, but we are looking for another. We are in a ward here of pretty small numbers, but we are working on that.I am still a Zone Leader and at the same time the District Leader for us and the Sisters that are here. There is another companionship of elders actually in Lausanne. They are in my zone but are the district leaders of another district.

So, here's a miracle for you. We had an appointment fall and had nothing to do last night. So, as we have no amis we decided to go porting (door to door). We were going to go to an area that we have been doing but on the way I had a strng impression from the Holy Ghost that we needed to do a certain building. We went in and taught a few lessons at the doors of homes, but nothing real big. We did the building right next to it and you would never guess it. We found an in active member that has been inactive since her youth, is now married and has a son and is not found on the ward lists as her name is changed. We talked to her for a little and then she invited us to come back next week and we could talk with her and her husband! It was so sweet!!! I was walking on cloud nine the rest of the night.


Ok, so here is my address


Elder Dahl

Chemain du centaine, 4

CH-1008 Prilly

Suisse


That will do it for this week.

Mom, I want a new tie and since your taste is not really the best, you wanna send me some money so I can go buy one or two? Thanks and I love you!!!

Take care everyone and I hope to hear from you all next week.

Make this week a good one and let me know how you all are doing.

take it easy

Elder Dahl

No comments: