Friday, February 20, 2009

exciting few months

WOW! I sure am slacking!

What and end to a year! Kaycie truned 14 and can now attend church dances! she shared her birthday with one of the Missionaries serving here, and his companion had a birthday just the week before, so we had a combined party with cake and ice cream.


I rolled an ATV Thanksgiving weekend and shattered my wrist. It required surgery that included a plate, a couple of pins, synthetic bones and a lot of time! This was done on Dec 11th. The next day was Jake's Birthday and needless to say I was out of it!









Next came Josh and Amanda's wedding on the 20th. It was beautiful! Amanda's visiting teachers did most of the work as far as the food and serving. Shawna and Ashley did decorations and flowers, and Shawna was the Photographer. We were very happy to have her parents and many of our family come and celebrate with us. The happy couple moved up to Provo so Josh can continue his education at BYU. Amanda is having to adjust to the COLD weather, but seems to be doing ok. She is working at Radio Shack and Josh is driving for Domino's Pizza and taking a full load at school.
I was really glad I did not have to worry about anything.. that doesn't mean I didn't stress out!














I had the full cast off On the 22nd of December and the stiches removed. I had a short cast on for a few more weeks, then the pins were removed (during an out patient surgery..the prep time took longer than the actual surgery..)I had a hard splint for a couple of weeks and then on the
23rd of January I was unwrapped and ready for therapy. It is slow going and I have one more authorized visit next week. I see my doctor the first week of March and he will most likely ask for more therapy approval as I don't have full range of motion yet. It has not been real fun and my arm and hand ache most of the time...the good thing is I still have a hand! and I have alot of the use back. It is of course still very weak .

Reagan sold his Domino's Pizza Franchise the beginning of December and is now working on his next endeavor in San Diego, Panchero's Mexican Grill. They should be ready to start leasehold improvements as soon as they decide on a contracter.

Haylee is playing city basketball again this year and loving it. Jake works alot and is finishing up his last semester at AWC..with a little luck he will receive his AA in May. We pre-registered Kaycie for High School yesterday. I can't believe she is that old already! And next year it will be Haylee's turn.



No comments: